What I Did (Day-to-Day):
- Did I list all my tasks, or just a few? What’d I forget? Go back and check.
- Did I list things I did that may have been outside the scope of my responsibilities?
- Did I leave off any awards? Any uncommon achievements?
Problems I Solved:
- Did I consider the internal problems I solved–any personal challenges?
- Did I name the external problems I solved–for my friends or family? School? Community?
- Was I tackling a much larger (perhaps global) problem?
Lessons I Learned & Values/Skills I Developed:
- What were some of the soft skills I learned (patience, communication, etc.)?
- Did I learn any specific software (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro)? Languages (Spanish, C++)? Survival skills (how to start a fire or clean a fish)?
- What am I better at now than I was before?
- What would I have done differently?
Impact I Had (On Self, School, Community and/or Society)
- Did I consider the impact this had on my family? Friends? School? Who else benefited?
- What impact did this have on me personally? Did this change my life/perspective? How?
Applications to Other Parts of School/Life:
- What skills did I develop and lessons did I learn that will make me a better X (tutor, debater, advocate, volunteer, programmer, fill in the blank)? How so?
- What did I do to build on and take what I learned to the next level?
- What surprised me about this experience?
Okay, your turn.