The essay writing steps include:
- Practicing pre-writing skills, so your students are prepared to confidently begin writing the main piece.
- Understanding how to write a detailed and focused thesis statement that provides a concise summary of the main point or claim of the essay.
- Writing a structured and entertaining introductory paragraph that clearly introduces the main idea of the essay.
- Creating compelling and concise body paragraphs that include a topic sentence, which relates to the thesis.
- Preparing a concluding paragraph that recaps the essay, presents the main idea of the essay, or gives a general explanation to a problem or argument proposed in the essay.
- Identifying editing symbols and learning how to apply them so students can clearly refine their essays.