What Is a Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay is a type of essay that presents logical arguments with emotional appeal in order to sway readers to a particular point of view. Persuasive essays can be both a form of academic writing and personal writing. They typically begin with a question that the writer spends the essay arguing in favour of or in opposition to. A personal essay writer will make a firm statement that is backed up with a combination of data, research, and anecdotal experience. The writer will often explore opposing positions and counterarguments as a means to discredit them.
In a persuasive essay, it’s the writer’s job to convince the reader to accept a particular point of view or take a specific action. Persuasive essays require good research, awareness of the reader’s biases, and a solid understanding of both sides of the issue. A good persuasive essay demonstrates not only why the writer’s opinion is correct, but also why the opposing view is incorrect. In the list below, we have included some of the most relevant and interesting persuasive speech topics:
- Home Schooling Is the Best Alternative to Regular Schooling
- Students Should Have Nine Months of Holidays and Only Three Months of Studies
- Engaging in Sports Is a Good Way to Change Your Life
- Lying Is an Important Part of a Healthy Relationship
- Aliens Are Real
- Keeping a Journal Is a Fun Way to Cope with Stress
- Colleges Should Have Medical Rooms to Help Students Combat Stress and Depression
- Video Games Can Teach You Vital Life Skills
- Owning a Pet Is a Way To Become Happier
- Renting a House Is Better Than Buying One