Skip to content
When writing your essay, make sure to include the following:
- Definitions of key ideas or terms.
- Descriptions and analyses of specific examples are included in your essay.
- Summary and evaluations of conflicting opinions about the topic.
- Comparisons and contrasts of the examples you’ve given and how they relate to the thesis statement.
- Connections of the examples to each other and to the main idea.
- If needed and if appropriate, use a lot of quotations from experts. Just make sure that they support your arguments and analyses.
- Cite all information you use properly. Follow the citation format required by your assignment or your professor.
- Before printing, emailing or submitting, make sure to proofread your essay to ensure that it doesn’t contain any errors.